Trainee Corporate Accountant
The individual will be responsible in assisting for Langham Hall internal and group accounting and reporting and also regulatory reporting. It also includes corporate tax compliance, managing relationships with service providers such as fiduciaries. This is not a client-facing role.The individual will also have an understanding of the Luxembourg legal, tax and regulatory regimes applicable to professionals of the finance sectors.
- Participate in preparing daily accounting entries and regular accounts reconciliation
- Prepare various payments
- Assist in preparation of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes for Langham Hall Luxembourg.
- Assist in preparation of statutory accounts of Langham Hall Luxembourg in accordance with LUX GAAP.
- Assist in monitoring compliance corporate and tax laws and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist in preparing Luxembourg statutory reporting and VAT and tax returns.
- Solving problems proactively using technical expertise and common sense
- Assist of ensuring all internal electronic and paper files and updated and organised on a regular basis
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- An understanding of Luxembourg GAAP
- Understanding the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by professional of the financial sector.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from the management team.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a small, but rapidly expanding, company environment with focused and motivated individuals.
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation.
- Fluent in English, with French and/or German an advantage.
Langham Hall takes the development of its employees very seriously and offers sponsorship of a professional qualification as part of the package.
About Langham Hall
Langham Hall provides premium quality accounting, fund administration and investor reporting services to Real Estate and Private Equity Fund clients.Langham Hall invests in people and in developing them professionally. We are extremely proud of our leadership-focused culture which fosters a dedicated, approachable and collaborative way of working. We offer the opportunity to progress your career and study professional qualifications; through intensive training and where applicable, full exam tuition and study support.Langham Hall is a fast-growing company and as such staff experience a variety of responsibilities and inclusion in exciting initiatives beyond their day-to-day role. Employees are supported and encouraged to deliver a first-class service and opportunities are identified at an early stage for employees to engage with our clients which enables them feel involved and challenged in their work.
We are proud of our positive working culture which is reinforced through our employees and our extremely low staff turnover and we seek out people that believe in our values.